Now that I’ve completed the swatch series, I wanted to show you various nail art with just Rescue Beauty Lounge polishes. I tried different techniques and different color schemes: some polishes worked well with some techniques, some did not.
First up is a simple gradient using Bella Donna as the base color.
I had a heck of a time getting this gradient done right. And it wasn’t the polish, it was definitely me. I’d tried gradients before, but not successfully. This time, however, I was determined to get a halfway decent result.
First, I tried the method where you put the polishes directly on a makeup sponge wedge. With this method, supposedly you don’t need a base color. That didn’t work. The sponge soaked up the polish so fast that by the time I applied it to the nail, just a pale remnant ended up being dabbed on.
My next attempt, I decided I would put a base color down. I used Bella Donna, like above. I had read somewhere that if you wet the sponge and wring it out until it’s just damp, the polish won’t soak in so fast. Tried it. Doesn’t work.
Finally, using a paper plate, I lay down the lines of polish next to each other. Then, I pressed the sponge on it and quickly dabbed it onto my nail (still with a base color). This time, success! I needed some practice and had to red0 one of the nails, but this technique definitely worked for me.
One of the time savers was that I had put a thick layer of Seche Vite on over the base color. When I messed up the nail, all I had to do was gently lift off the offending polish with a Q-tip dipped in polish remover. The base color remained to try again.
My favorite gradient is on my ring finger, with Santa Fe Road.
Next I decided to try stamping.
Using all the same colors as the gradients, I used BM 20 for the stripes. The polishes aren’t great for stamping. As I rolled the polish onto the nail, some stripes would lift off instead of adhering to the nail. I had to manipulate the strips of polish using a cuticle stick to get them to lay down correctly. (For my thumb, my stamp wasn’t big enough, so I filled in the rest of the stripes with a striping brush.) I’m also not thrilled about my color choices, but I decided to show it to you anyway. (It was a lot of work!)
After that, I puttered around with some colors and some of my nail brushes and came up with the following.
Finally, I did a watermarble. I originally wanted to use the colors from the GOMM collection, but only Bella Donna spread on the water well enough.
Ooh, I just love me a good watermarble! This is Killa Red, Purple Haze and Bella Donna. I had an issue with water drops (the little bumps on the middle and pinky fingers), but for the most part, it came out well. I think my thumb turned out the best.
And that’s it! I hope you liked some of this nail art. Have a great day!